GMAP, an acronym for "Global Mutations Analysis & Prospective," is a think-tank devoted to the 21st transformation trends and the important changes taking place in the global context which are to modify dramatically the world and human societies just as mutations in genetics. GMAP has identified four major areas of transformation.
As a result of this broad, global context, the need arose for a multidisciplinary think-matrix, capable of giving analytical syntheses and of providing prospectives. GMAP was formed to respond to this need. By globally addressing these issues, GMAP fills an important gap. In the USA, Europe and elsewhere, 63% of think-tanks devote their attention to the economy, political science, international relations and defence. The other 37%, in descending order, concern themselves with social sciences (12,8%), education (5,5%), environmental affairs (5,5%), energy (5%), health (4,7%), and human rights (3%). But, up to present, no think-tank has yet fully committed itself to mutation issues.
Governed by Swiss law and with headquarters in Geneva, GMAP was formed in September 2008, as a non-profit organisation. The initiative was inspired by Valérie Fert, the founder and CEO of International Focus, a French company, dealing with international strategic management, which focuses on emerging countries and transformation trends. Scientific, economic, political, social science and humanities experts have joined her initiative as core founders. Not all the members are academics and some have backgrounds in defence, diplomacy, industry and finance. The diversity of the individuals, which makes up GMAP, is its core asset. This inspires confidence amongst its partners, as they know they will be provided with experts matching their specific needs and concerns.